Hare's Moon Yarns is now open! Click here for handspun gorgeous yarns from England.

For knitting patterns on sale by instant digital download, see our range here: Hare's Moon knitting patterns.

Wednesday 2 November 2011

#Movember - grow a Mo for charity!

In 2010, The Movember UK Mo Bros and Mo Sistas raised a huge £11.7 million to help fund programmes dedicated to treating, researching and supporting those with testicular and prostate cancers.

Last year, a couple of guys I know grew Mos and I first noticed the #Movember hashtag on Twitter.

This year, I'm getting involved too (although NOT by growing my own Mo I hasten to add!).

I currently know 4 guys growing Mos for Movember, and would very much appreciate it if you could drop by their MoSpace pages and donate what you can afford - or simply just pass on their details to your friends, family, co-workers etc to raise awareness and hopefully some cash too. My MoBros are:

Team Hairy Partridges http://uk.movember.com/mospace/2150030 (my co-workers Max and James)

Team Box http://uk.movember.com/mospace/1381112/ (my friend Suzi's husband and his mates)

And my friend Thorsten who is doing the Mo solo! http://uk.movember.com/mospace/1465332/

I'm also going to make some knitted finger Mos (similar to these: Freckles Family blog ) to sell to the ladies at work, with the money donated to the Hairy Partridges above.

Edit: Here are the finger Mos I made:



So come on, any loose change in your PayPal account can find a useful home with Movember. Ready, steady, Mo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not take a look at the rest of this blog after you have posted your comment - lots of posts about TDCJ, knitting and other observations!